• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Network Solutions VPS are using OLD software

C

cparish

Hi, I just found out that my 2 "high-end" VPS servers through Network Solutions are running Fedora 6, Plesk 8 and php 5.16

They want me to pay them $ 200 each to upgrade my two VPS to PHP 5.2

What a rip off! Wordpress latest version requires PHP 5.26 and I have many clients using Word Press. I can't figure out how to upgrade my PHP - yum doesn't fix it and Network Solutions has no supported repos or rpms.

I think it is time to move my 100+ domain registrations and my 2 VPS servers to a different vendor! So disappointed!

Chuck

Fedora 6? Yikes!

Definitely time for a move.

But are these "old" VPSes, or newly created ones? What I mean is if they have been inservice since the days of Fedora 6 then that would easily explain the situation. $200 isn't bad to try to get php 5.2.x to work on such an old system I suppose.

Many of ours, for example, run Centos 4 and Plesk 8.6.

In any case it is definitely time to move to a newer OS. I'd strongly recommend something that comes with 5.3 as standard. We are in the process of planning just such a move, but it won't be easy as we have 100s of client accounts to move. I'm not looking forward to it!

Me Too

I'm having the exact same problem, exact same Plesk, PHP and Fedora releases. They wanted to charge me 200.00 as well! The most frustrating part of this whole thing, is that they are rolling out NEW VPS subscriptions with the updates in place already, leaving their long-time customers hanging.
I don't have hundreds of clients like you do, but I do have over 30 sites, not looking forward to a migration. In the meantime, I've set up a VPS with MediaTemple, all my new clients are over there now.

I'm currently waiting for a call back from a "supervisor" at Network Solutions, I expect more of the same ****. I'll feel compelled to tweet out to my 2500 Twitter followers if this goes bust. Not to mention the Facebook page.

Network Solutions VPS Hosting Review is BAD.

Back