• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

New to Plesk, questions about implementing

B

bombstylz

HI all, I have a few questions about Plesk

I would like to start hosting dedicated servers running plesk for clients.

I have downloaded and installed the demo. I have been getting familiar with it, but have some questions. running windows 2003 server

1. When setting up Plesk for a client, how does the client access Plesk. Are they the actual Administrator, or do they use the Client login that I create in Plesk.

2. My network will have its own DNS server running, how do I setup Plesk to run through that DNS server?

3. I see Mailenable is installed with Plesk. Is this a Mail sever built-in? How do I configure this?

4. With the demo version I was not able to FTP in from another machine to upload a website. ( I have been trying to test with a website to see how this all runs, but no successfull)

5. I see SwSoft offers training, but its about $1600 for an 8 hr session, and is for up to 12 ppl. Is there training for 1 person, and is it cheaper. Any other online training course available for Plesk?

6. I would also like some info on Licensing, I don't seem to fully understand. If I get a Plesk 30 domain license, is that only good for ONE client? or can that be used for multiple clients. say 1 client only needs 1 domain, and I allocate the other 29 domains and split it up for other clients?
Also, what is the best way to go about licensing if your just starting out a company? Leasing, purchasing?

How does the unlimited license work? Does that mean you can server unlimited amount of clients with unlimited amount of domains?

If anyone has any answers for me that would be great. If you have a simple step by step guide on how to setup a server with Plesk for a Lcient, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back