• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Newbie: Domain name to index.html???

BrianG001

New Pleskian
Hey guys, hoping someone can help...

Its been just horrible, just horrible!.... For 3 days now Ive been trying to do 1 simple task.. Connect my Domain name to my first page.. with no luck...

In the 4 thousand help files I havent read anything that helps with this simple task?.....

I bought my Domain & Hosting threw CrazyDomains.com.au.. with upgrade to windows server.. They appear to have out sourced me and dumped me with this "Parallels Panel" thingy??

I have emailed and phoned Domains.com.au several times in hopes to get this extremely challenging task resolved :).. to no avail... and Parallel Panels has no support or help center.. Great!?...

My Parallel Panels Home page Screen Shot

This was all set up by Crazy Domains & Parallel Panel?

I added a basic index.html page to the "httpdocs" folder.. I dont know if thats right?.. Parallel Panels told I should put my website there, they did say anything about what the first page should be called or how to connect to it? I read in other places around the net thats what you have to call your first page?

There's a preview button.. which shows this index page.. but the www.mysandbox.info is showing some Parallels promotional page??

Please help........

First of all your domain mysandbox.info is not resolvable to any IP address:

$ host mysandbox.info

$ ping mysandbox.info
ping: unknown host: mysandbox.info

With

$ whois mysandbox.info

I see that domain status is Inactive and no any nameservers are specified there.

So, please check your registrar settings for this domain.

Hey Igor thanks for quick relpy.. of course I didnt understand any of it : )....

What does "$" mean?

- dollars host mysandbox.info ???

As for IP

Crazy Domains gave me this number 103.250.213.129
Parallels Panel gave me this number 163.47.72.25

which one am I suposted to use?? or both?

Where can I check this "registrar settings"?.. somewhere in my Crazy Domains Acc.. or Here at my Parallels Acc?

If you are not familiar with base Linux and network administration I suggest you hire experienced administrator or contact Support Team.

Thanks mate.. I havent touched anything and now my whole "File Manager" section is missing?.. see other post.. I swear, I havent touched anything?.. Just added an index.html page with a blue bg color... Contact Support Team.. Does parallels panel have one?.. I couldnt find a support link anywhere inside the Parallels Panel?... ty

Thanks Igor.. No I cant use support, Its very clear "Support" is for experts ONLY!... and newbies can piss off.. I get it.... : )....

No the first thing they do is ask me to fill out 50 forms and fields?... Ive been looking at Parallels Panel for 15mins for the first time in my life.. How the hell should I know all that?..

The first question asked was.. What version of PP are you using... I dont know?.. I spent 15mins looking around, I didnt find it written anywhere... How much time do you spend on that task when all you really want is to ask "How to make my "File Manager" active!"....

How many hours should I waste gathering information to ask such a basic question?... ty

Ahhh.. now I understand all this.. I didnt yesterday.. Bummer!.... Thank you mate!.. Yeah idiot I deleted the ns1 & 2.. Daaa! : )

Back