• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Forwarded to devs NGINX cache not working with phusion and node.js

Arshad Vayani

New Pleskian
Hi,

I was trying to post this in the report section but it looks like I don't have permission to post there. So here is the bug I have found:

Username: Arshad Vayani

TITLE

NGINX cache not working with Phusion and node.js

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

nginx, Phusion passenger, node.js, Ubuntu 18.04, Plesk 18.0.32

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I have installed a node.js app on my Plesk server and was trying to run in Nginx only mode.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Install a node.js app with Phusion passenger enabled and turn off apache

ACTUAL RESULT

nginx.conf is missing required directives to make Nginx cache work in Nginx only mode.

EXPECTED RESULT

nginx cache should work with Nginx only mode

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I have compared nginx.conf with apache active and inactive and I have found that certain directives are missing. For example, proxy_cache_path is missing and cache related directives in location / block are missing. I am attaching nginx.conf file with apache on and off so please take a look at it. I have omitted the IP address and URL of my website.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Attachments

• nginx-conf.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back