• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Nginx microcache configuration for high traffic sites

Where would you put that code? Little confused there.

But going back to the overall function, I don't understand why Plesk would add a cache that simply won't work on 99% of websites. Is it just marketing? "Hey we do microcaching (you just can't use it without a degree in computer science).

Those nginx configurations can be used on servers running without Plesk (basic LEMP stack)
Both of them cache everything by default, and then you can add the list of cookies or location you do not want to cache.
But in Plesk, it's the opposite, the nginx configuration begin with :
Code:
        set $cache_cookie $http_cookie;

if ($cache_cookie !~ "^\s*$") {
                set $no_cache 1;
        }
So it require to browse our own website and to list all cookies which can be cached.

Any solution for this on Plesk? Default should be to cache everything and add cookies not to cache. Or at least have the option. There is a whole Bypass section which is kind of superfluous as Bypass is the default behaviour.

Still would like to know why I'm still getting the BYPASS with no cookies set.

i will research this topic. Can you confirm that goal is to serve static files by nginx cache without requests to apache?

Back