• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Not identifying obvious spam?

Yogiboy

New Pleskian
Hi, I'm a relative newbie, so apologies if my query has an obvious answer, (I hope it does!)

We moved to a Plesk server for the first time a few months ago, and have been trying to configure our Spamassassin to the best results since. Mostly it's great, but there is one particular spam/scam email that we are still getting loads of (about 20 today alone) - it's one of these bitcoin pfishing type things - it's so clearly spam, so I'm trying to understand how to get Spamassasin to realise it's spam! Spamassasin score is set to 5.

In the source code there are a couple of bits of code related to 'autolearn' which look to me as though they are turned off somewhere but I may be reading this wrong. These are lines from the source code of one of these pesky emails:

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.0 (2014-02-07) on (server name here)
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-86.9 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_50,BITCOIN_SPAM_01,
BITCOIN_SPAM_02,BITCOIN_SPAM_08,HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS,HTML_MESSAGE,
HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG,HTML_SHRT_CMNT_OBFU_MANY,MALF_HTML_B64,MIME_BASE64_TEXT,
MIME_HTML_ONLY,NO_DNS_FOR_FROM,OBFUSCATING_COMMENT,OBFU_BITCOIN,RCVD_IN_PBL,
RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL,RCVD_IN_XBL,RDNS_NONE,TO_IN_SUBJ,URIBL_BLOCKED,
USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=no autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0

Could anyone advise if there is a way to get Spamassassin to recognise these as spam please?
Any help appreciated!

Back