• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Password validation is not working correctly

Boindil

New Pleskian
The password validation (e.g. for mail passwords) says:

Ihr Passwort ist nicht komplex genug. Gemäß der Serverrichtlinie ist die Mindeststärke für Passwörter Sicher. Starke Passwörter müssen mindestens folgende Anforderungen erfüllen: acht Zeichen, ein Groß- oder Kleinbuchstabe, drei Ziffern und ein Sonderzeichen (!, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *, ?, _, ~) oder eine Ziffer und zwei Sonderzeichen.

In my specific case I had 9 characters, one uppercase, two digits and two special characters. This should be enough.

I guess the reason might be, that the special character I chose is not part of the given chars (what???). You should add more special characters to your checks - they are valid anyways - such as "+", "-", etc.

I can only say that you are right. We are aware of this problem, and I have updated it for developers with your case.
Now I can advise you to reduce the Minimum password strength.

I can only say that you are right. We are aware of this problem, and I have updated it for developers with your case.
Now I can advise you to reduce the Minimum password strength.
By the way, the passwords the generator creates are still only 8 characters long. "Fnk5l10_" is not what I consider "Strong" anymore. "02oWvYREoTyCGYoSj" is a lot stronger, but considered "Medium" by plesk.

Back