• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue PHP 7.4 by OS vendor not found

massimoi

New Pleskian
I've got Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25 with Ubuntu 18.04.
In my shell I've installed php 7.4 and php7.4-fpm

When I type php -v in the shell I see 7.4
I also see everything in /etc/php/7.4/fpm/
I've tried
sudo plesk bin php_handler --reread

but inside my domains I still see PHP7.2 by os vendor

Can you help me to understand how can I use php7.4 from my OS?
Thanks
Massimo

Try to go to Tools&Settings > Server Components, click Refresh button and check PHP version in list.

I've got several lines, there:

php1:7.2+60ubuntu1
php717.1.33-ubuntu.18.04.191025.1053
php721:7.2.29-ubuntu.18.04.200320.1328
php73The component was not installed
php747.4.4-ubuntu.18.04.200320.1328

but In Tools&Settings > PHPSettings I only see PHP 7.2 By OS VENDOR

Thanks
Massimo

php in this list is system PHP.
Make sure that you have updated it correctly.

Different approach: Why do you need to update system PHP on a Plesk Obisidan installation and use system PHP instead of Plesk PHP? Why not simply install PHP 7.4 from the Plesk installation service?

I have php 7.4 from plesk, but I prefer the OS version, because I can use it easily from the shell

I simply type
php myscript.php

instead of
/opt/psa/php/lib/7.4/bin/php myscript.php

And also cron works easier with the system version.
Regards
Massimo

Determine which version should be used and install it with the following command (PHP 7.4 is used in the example):

# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname "7.4 OS" -path /usr/sbin/php-fpm7.4 -phpini /etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini -type fpm -id 7.4-fpm -clipath /usr/bin/php7.4 -service php7.4-os -poold /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d

Back