• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP timeout and Wordpress WXL import

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
I'm importing a Wordpress XML file (WXL) in order to migrate a customer's site. The file itself is not big (7 MB) but it has quite a number of attachments that will be downloaded from the remote server and that is taking quite some time.

I have set up the PHP timeout setting in Plesk to 600 seconds (10 minutes) but it doesn't seem to affect the process. Later on I found out that this is due to my set up of Nginx-only. Looks like these PHP timeout settings aren't affecting Nginx because the NGINX GATEWAY TIMEOUT message appears at 30 or 60 seconds. Reverting to Apache-only allowed the import to go as planned without timeout issues.

So, I'll leave this up if it helps someone. And to the Plesk team, looks like this is a bug that needs fixing ;)

I'm importing a Wordpress XML file (WXL) in order to migrate a customer's site. The file itself is not big (7 MB) but it has quite a number of attachments that will be downloaded from the remote server and that is taking quite some time.

I have set up the PHP timeout setting in Plesk to 600 seconds (10 minutes) but it doesn't seem to affect the process. Later on I found out that this is due to my set up of Nginx-only. Looks like these PHP timeout settings aren't affecting Nginx because the NGINX GATEWAY TIMEOUT message appears at 30 or 60 seconds. Reverting to Apache-only allowed the import to go as planned without timeout issues.

So, I'll leave this up if it helps someone. And to the Plesk team, looks like this is a bug that needs fixing ;)

I encourage you to raise them a ticket. Otherwise this issue may slip as unnoticed. More info here:

Important - PLEASE FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION IF YOU BELIEVE THAT FOUND A BUG!

Last edited:
Back