• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please make it possible to assign multiple databases to a single user!!

LionGate

New Pleskian
It's very frustrating having no flexibility in assigning multiple databases to a single user. I really don't care for the way Plesk tries to take over every aspect of DB management. Please fix this!

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...lels-plesk-panel-11.5-for-linux-based-os.html

[+] A database user can access multiple databases. Customers can now create database user accounts. The created accounts can be of two types:
* User accounts which have access to only one particular database.
* Universal user accounts which have access to all databases.
When creating a database, customers can either create a new account for the database or use an existing one. In earlier Panel versions, when Panel created a database, it also automatically added a database user account for accessing the database.

Adding user for multiple DB

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...lels-plesk-panel-11.5-for-linux-based-os.html

[+] A database user can access multiple databases. Customers can now create database user accounts. The created accounts can be of two types:
* User accounts which have access to only one particular database.
* Universal user accounts which have access to all databases.
When creating a database, customers can either create a new account for the database or use an existing one. In earlier Panel versions, when Panel created a database, it also automatically added a database user account for accessing the database.

I don't see where this is possible in my control panel. Capture_db.PNG

Hello - I have been using Plesk for years. One of the issues that was always a problem with the multiple db's with a single user. We did the workaround outside of Plesk to create/manage db's for one site, but you can't manage them within Plesk.

Now that Plesk finally includes this functionality with versions 11.5 and newer, are wondering how we can efficiently and safely migrate those db's back into Plesk so that the db's are viewable in that domain's control panel, and also figure out what API will allow us to create additional db's for that user going forward. I'm unable to track any good documentation for either issue.

I'm looking forward to any help!

Thanks,
Kevin

Hello - I have been using Plesk for years. One of the issues that was always a problem with the multiple db's with a single user. We did the workaround outside of Plesk to create/manage db's for one site, but you can't manage them within Plesk.

Now that Plesk finally includes this functionality with versions 11.5 and newer, are wondering how we can efficiently and safely migrate those db's back into Plesk so that the db's are viewable in that domain's control panel, and also figure out what API will allow us to create additional db's for that user going forward. I'm unable to track any good documentation for either issue.

I'm looking forward to any help!

Thanks,
Kevin
CLI allows to create database and database user http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-unix-cli/40244.htm
But if I understand correctly you do not want to create it, just register in Plesk existent entities, don't you?
For that purpose try commands '--register' and '--register-dbuser' with options similar to '--create' and '--create-dbuser'. Take into account that these commands are not documented and you do it on your own risk.

Back