• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk 9.0.1 Self Certified SSL Certificates and Firefox

D

DirtyMonkey

How do I access the control panel with Firefox 3.0.6?
I get the following error:

mydomain:8443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for <a id="cert_domain_link" title="plesk">plesk</a>.

(Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid)

ie. How do I get Firefox to access a site signed with a 'self signed' certificate?

I had gotten around this previously by installing a proper SSL cert http://www.mydomain.com:8443 for my master domain but with the upgrade to 9.0.1 it changes the way you login i.e. http://servername.mydomain.com:8443 so my certificate is no longer valid.

Anyone have any ideas?

DM.

Firefox should have a warning screen stopping you going any further, but should have a button or link to then view the reason (details).

You then at the bottom of that screen have a button to view the actual certificate.

After you see the certificate you then can add it as an exemption.

But you must get to the last screen and view the certificate before you can add an exemption.

It's done as a safeguard a double confirm and requires you to view the certificate.

Once done it will never ask again.

To remove it, look in options / preferences in security certificates and personal, you will see all your exemptions there.

No problems - glad to help!

It's good in a way as it's like a triple check, better than a simple pop up you accidentially say yes.

Considering how infrequently it happens it's a nice safe guard.

Back