• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk 9.3.0 - & Mailenable (spamassasin)

J

John Tankard

Plesk 9.3.0 & Mailenable (spamassasin) Solved

Hi Guys,

Really need some help here... I am running mailenable on a windows server with Plesk 9.3.0. I have noticed that mailenable used to have problems with the MTA stopping at random intervals.

I got in touch with Mailenable support who remoted into the server and found the cause of the issue. The email was as below:

FROM MAILENABLE:

Hi,

We have logged into the server to examine the configuration and MTA log files. We inspected the Windows event log under the Plesk events and results indicate that the Plesk MTA COM event is the cause behind the MTA crashing intermittently. You can see a logged error below:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psamailfilterpipe
at (Con::ClientOverlappedPipe::create line 502)
at Mail Enable mail global filter(CPleskMEMTA::Execute line 141) Execute file name: C:\plesk\MAILSE~1\MAILEN~1\BIN\MEMTA.EXE

We have seen that the COM event can cause file lockups and potentially cause the service to crash so the best option to disable the COM event for now (which I have done). Information on how I disabled the COM event can be found within the following knowledge base article:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=me020497

If you require assistance in diagnosing why the COM event is causing the MTA to crash then you will need to consult with Parallels for assistance.
In the interim please monitor the server to see if the MTA crashing persists after disabling the COM event.

This has stopped the MTA from crashing but has a side effect. Plesks Spamassasin seems to have also stopped working, how can I get it working again or by disabling the Plesk MTA Com event will Spamassasin never work until it is enabled again.

Regards John

Attachments

• http___www.mailenable.com_kb_Content_Article.pdf
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back