• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Firewall & IP Range ?

Hi Atomicturtle.
I am a student studying the subject. Thanks Atomicturtle for sharing this information on the subject.

No problem! I'll probably do a followup thread for this on calculating ipv6 addresses. Its a much different process there.

Hi all,
How would I have to put that ?
Since I am not very good at these things, I dont know how to would do this in IPtables as well. It might is easier to do it there, but I know that too many changes at the wrong place and just one little error, and my Server is not accessible anymore by myself possibly. Thats why I ask, I dont want to risk anything.
Thank you, :D

Indeed it can be, when you're writing firewall rules the thing to keep in mind is that Order Matters :p So what exactly are you trying to do?

Hi, dont get me wrong but maybe i am just too stupid to get it.

Why is

11.11.11.0/24 <- the whole 11.11.11.0 network (254 ips)

the whole network. Since as far as I know its 0-255 for a whole network. Or maybe i just can´t think straight because I have the flue atm, would you please explain.

Thank you for share information.
May I please ask: is it more efficient (in terms of resource usage) to use these IP range blocks at the firewall level in Plesk, or at the .htaccess level in the root directory?
Thanks again.

Back