• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk is real slow

D

DanielArkley

Hi all,

I've been having a problem for a number of months now where Plesk has been slow (to use the word lightly) to create, modify and delete accounts, email addresses, databases and most other aspects of a hosting account.

Recently, since we upgraded to Plesk 7.6, the problem has become so accute that it took 2.5 hours to delete half the domains for one of our clients. The client concerned only had 800MB data, spanning across 6 or so domain accounts, with no more than 20 email addresses and 5 databases.

To spend 2.5 hours deleting these accounts is, frankly, unacceptable. On looking into the problem, I noticed that the creation utilities, in particular websrvmng.exe, tend to use a vast amount of the system's memory while running (in the region of 150MB of physical RAM, and then some page file on top).

Does anyone else experience such issues? The problem is progressing to a point that clients are moving away from our Plesk server to use cPanel because Plesk is so slow to respond.

The server runs around 150 sites, and has a 2.4GHz P4 Processor with 1GB RAM. The total utilisation on the machine rarely exceeds 10% CPU time and there's usually at least 256MB of the RAM free. A lot of the time the system sits idle, so I'm fairly sure it's not a lack of hardware that's causing the problem. I'm more inclined to believe the problem lies in the creation utilities.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-Daniel

I've the same problems since I upgraded from 7.5.6 > 7.6.0 > 7.6.1.

Version 7.5.6 run normal but this version is very slow.

We have this problem after upgrading 7.5.6 to 7.6.1.

Plesk Backups are very slow too.

Whats sad is the post stating customers are moving away from plesk to cpanel.
Is not cpanel a competitor of plesk?
Amazing plesk support doesnt even make an attrempt to rectify there image in a post that clearly stats a bug with there software has this problem, and is every where and a lot of others have the same issue plesk is slow causing swsoft customers to move to cpanel.

Whats plesk thought on this?

There moving to cpanel. Oh well there is other suckers that will buy our products why do we need to make sure something we are charging so much for doesnt work.

Amazing at a minumum of 40 bucks a month for a lease license to a owned license at 2 grand you would think

SWSOFT WOULD STOP AND SAY
HMM LETS ACTUALLY MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT WORKS BEFORE WE TRY TO SELL IT

OR ARE THEY SELLING A SOFTWARE THAT DONT WORK SO YOU HAVE TO BUY THE EXTENDED SUPPORT SO YOU DONT WAST THE MONEY YOU ALREADY SPENT YOU JUST SPEND MORE AND MORE FOR TECH SUPPORT THAT DONT WORK

I have been dealing with tech support for almost 3 weeks now each time it is something diffreant. I mean you have telnet access, and remote desktop access, as well as the admin and pass for plesk you could try and fix it.

But I was told I need to open a port for them to connect. They have remote access why dont they do it.

Because Swsoft support is just trying to screw there customers with no lube.

My oppinion I get better service from the waitress at the run down shanty shack restraunt that only makes 1.50 an hour plus tips, then I do from SWsoft Support

You would also figure they would make it a point to get the users who ask questions here fixed so others who are thinking about by this terrible product would not see they dont give a rats ***

SWsoft on a scale of 1 to 10 for user friendliness and support

-thousand

SWsoft products are full of bugs and other things. They have a problem fixing your issues and try to take all your money. Dont buy this software you just spend more money trying get it fixed

IN FACT ALMOST EVERY STATE IN THE US IF YOU SELL A PRODUCT THAT IS A LEMON AND YOU MAKE NO REASONABLE EFFORT WITH IN A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME TO FIX IT YOUR AT FAULT AND IT IS ILLIGAL

SINCE SWSOFT IS LOCATED IN THE US AND WITH IN A STATE THAT HAS THESE LAWS IM PRETTY SURE THE BETTER BUSSINESS COMMISSION WOULD LIKE TO HEAR, SWSOFT IS CHARGING SO MUCH FOR THERE PRODUCT BUT YET IT DOESNT WORK. AINT THAT CONSIDERD THEFT BY FICTICIOUS CAUSE?

Back