• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Plesk MariaDB MySQL Governer dbuser-map file question

vince.chapman

New Pleskian
Hi Team

Just have a question about Plesk and the MySQL/MariaDB Governor

When I installed the governor and go into the settings for it under the LVE manager , The default setting is abusers (default)
and in the description of that setting it says "Requires dbuser-map file."

It isn't very clear if this is something that I need to create or if I need to populate this file manually or if Plesk will do this for me.

I have checked /etc/containers/dbuser-map and the file is time-stamped recently like it updates automatically but the file is empty.
I do have some MariaDB databases on the server and just wondering if this file is normal to be empty or does it populate only if someone goes over the limits?

Thanks to anyone who can provide some insight into how this file works in Plesk.

I'm running
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.34
On CloudLinux 7.9

Further to this I have noticed that this file has now propagated database user mappings. It must have taken a while to sort itself out probably a nightly cronjob or something.

I guess now I know this file is now self propagating, is there a way to force it to update straight away when a new database is added?

Last edited:
And again further to this, I have found in the /var/log/cron file this:

/usr/share/lve/dbgovernor/mysqlgovernor.py --dbupdate

This is the command to manually update the user mappings.

Back