• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Migrator: Subscribers, Service Plans and Customers not properly transferred

Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #2
Hi,

using plesk migration tool i get green checkmarks on all of 21 (sub)domains i want to migrate from current plesk linux to plesk linux, moving from Ubuntu 18.04 to 22.04.
However, checking customers, subscribers and service plans, mostly is not migrated.
After first try of migration, customers are not present, subscriber for all domains got "Administrator" and service plans are set to the default setting.
Re-syncing partially fixes some issues, but also throws errors regarding on creation of "auxiliary users" which havent been there before. I don't prefer to do that since i'll have to fix new problems.

I found a warning message when having a look at the debug log, which i assume is the explanation, but i can't figure the solution:

Code:
2023-05-16 11:42:29    Info   

START: Deploy hosting
2023-05-16 11:42:29    Info   

START: Restore logins of system users
2023-05-16 11:42:30    Info   

Import backup dumps to target panel's repository
2023-05-16 11:42:30    Debug   
Remove backup file migra_info_2305161141.xml from target Plesk
Delete dump request XML: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<delete-dump-query>
    <dump-specification>
        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="local">
            <root-dir>/var/lib/psa/dumps</root-dir>
            <file-name/>
        </dumps-storage-credentials>
        <name-of-info-xml-file>migra_info_2305161141.xml</name-of-info-xml-file>
    </dump-specification>
    <object-specification type="server" guid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"/>
</delete-dump-query>

Execute command on the local server: /opt/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --delete-dump
2023-05-16 11:42:31    Debug   
Upload backup dump '/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230513185546/plesk.backup.source.converted.tar' to target server

Import backup dump to target panel's repository
Fixing dump to pass validation rules for Plesk version 18.0.27 and higher
Import backup to target panel PMM repository.
Import dump request XML: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<src-dst-files-specification guid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" type="server">
    <src>
        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="file">
            <root-dir>/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230513185546/target-server</root-dir>
            <file-name>plesk.backup</file-name>
    </src>
    <dst>
        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="local">
            <root-dir>/var/lib/psa/dumps</root-dir>
            <ignore-backup-sign>true</ignore-backup-sign>
    </dst>
</src-dst-files-specification>

Execute command on the local server: /opt/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --import-file-as-dump
2023-05-16 11:42:36    Debug   
Command execution results:
stdout: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
    <errcode>152</errcode>
    <errmsg>The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file</errmsg>
    <data>
        <dump name="migra_info_2305161141.xml" fullname="migra_info_2305161141.xml" isFull="true" creation-date="2305161141" description="" size="0" owner-guid="" owner-type="" verification-string="$AES-128-CBC$ON2vCxIzQ0knhCEdB/2Ofw==$4/2CD5fEiwXVpT2c0bsVZ68ZoS9jSc7PPKEf3rcINmE=" encryption-type="panel-key" dump-version="18.0.52" dump-original-version="18.0.52" dump-format="panel" content-included="false">
            <dump-status dump-status="OK" backup-process-status="">
                <details>
                    <message>migra_info_2305161141.xml: </message>
                </details>
            </dump-status>
            <dump-status dump-status="SIGN-ERROR" backup-process-status="">
                <details>
                    <message>migra_info_2305161141.xml: </message>
                </details>
            </dump-status>
            <dump-status dump-status="WRONG-FORMAT" backup-process-status="">
                <details>
                    <message>migra_info_2305161141.xml:
Line 251 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.

Line 279 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.

Line 307 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
</message>
                </details>
            </dump-status>
            <storages>
                <storage>local</storage>
            </storages>
        </dump>
    </data>
</response>

stderr:
exit code: 0
2023-05-16 11:42:36    Warning   
Failed to import Plesk configuration dump: backup file is not valid or corrupted.
Migration will try to continue, but there could be issues when restoring hosting settings.
Imported backup id reported by pmmcli is '2305161141'

Create mapping of domain name to backup XML file name
2023-05-16 11:42:36    Info   
FINISH: Deploy hosting

I'd be thankful for any kind of help.

Have you checked that on the source system there is enough free disk space so that all data can be collected and archived before being transferred to the new server?

Have you checked that on the source system there is enough free disk space so that all data can be collected and archived before being transferred to the new server?
How much free space will be needed for this particular operation in the migration process?
On my source system, "df -m" says that 72% of /dev/sda1 with a partition of 246GB in size is being used.
The Email files are mounted from an NFS share to /var/qmail/mailnames which has 81% of 252GB used.
Expanding any volume won't be a problem, but i'd need an estimated size of expansion if this would be even neccesary in my case.

It is difficult to assess the necessary disk space, because it depends on the type of data migrated and where the temporary dumps directory is located. I think that 28 % free space is not enough, but this is not for sure. I am not so sure whether NFS is supported for migrations at all.

First, please let's look into the migration log on the target server. You find it in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/*. info.log and debug.log should explain the exact cause why the migration failed.

It is difficult to assess the necessary disk space, because it depends on the type of data migrated and where the temporary dumps directory is located. I think that 28 % free space is not enough, but this is not for sure. I am not so sure whether NFS is supported for migrations at all.

First, please let's look into the migration log on the target server. You find it in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/*. info.log and debug.log should explain the exact cause why the migration failed.
Ok, so i loaded an earlier state of my fresh plesk installation by rolling back to a snapshot just before the migration.
I then expanded the storage on the source server to 2TB, so the volume use is now far below 30%.
The problem persists in just the exact same manner, even if only migrating a single domain.
Here's snippets from the log files at the location you mentioned, which basically state the exact same errors as i already pasted from the gui in my first post. Also, there's no other warnings or errors thrown to these logfiles, not a single script running that exits with a code other than '0'.

I've cut away the timestamps here, since the posting is not allowed to exceed 10k characters:

info.log
Code:
[INFO] START: Deploy hosting
[INFO] START: Restore logins of system users
[INFO] [*****.net] START: Restore logins of system users
[INFO] FINISH: Restore logins of system users
[INFO] Import backup dumps to target panel's repository
[WARNING] Failed to import Plesk configuration dump: backup file is not valid or corrupted. Migration will try to continue, but there could be issues when restoring hosting settings.
[INFO] FINISH: Deploy hosting

debug.log
Code:
root@plesk:/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230516182531/debug.log
D|MT|core.workflow.runner.by_subscription|||START: Save converted backup to file
D|MT|core.dump.file_adapters|||Closed an archive file
D|MT|core.dump.file_adapters|||Closed an archive file
D|MT|core.workflow.runner.by_subscription|||FINISH: Save converted backup to file
I|MT|core.workflow.runner.by_subscription|||FINISH: Restore logins of system users
I|MT|core.workflow.runner.by_subscription|||Import backup dumps to target panel's repository
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||Remove backup file migra_info_2305161827.xml from target Plesk
D|MT|core.connections.plesk_server|||Backup dumps directory on target Plesk server: /var/lib/psa/dumps
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||Delete dump request XML: <?xml version="1.0"?>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||<delete-dump-query>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    <dump-specification>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="local">
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <root-dir>/var/lib/psa/dumps</root-dir>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <file-name/>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||        </dumps-storage-credentials>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||        <name-of-info-xml-file>migra_info_2305161827.xml</name-of-info-xml-file>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    </dump-specification>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    <object-specification type="server" guid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"/>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||</delete-dump-query>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Execute command on the local server: /opt/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --delete-dump
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Command execution results:
D|MT|core.runners.base|||stdout: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||<response>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    <errcode>0</errcode>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    <errmsg></errmsg>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||</response>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||
D|MT|core.runners.base|||stderr:
D|MT|core.runners.base|||exit code: 0
D|MT|core.actions.hosting_settings.import_backups|||Upload backup dump '/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230516182531/plesk.backup.source.converted.tar' to target server
D|MT|core.actions.hosting_settings.import_backups|||Import backup dump to target panel's repository
D|MT|core.utils.restore_hosting_utils|||Fixing dump to pass validation rules for Plesk version 18.0.27 and higher
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||Import backup to target panel PMM repository.
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||Import dump request XML: <?xml version="1.0"?>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||<src-dst-files-specification guid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" type="server">
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    <src>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="file">
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <root-dir>/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20230516182531/target-server</root-dir>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <file-name>plesk.backup</file-name>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    </src>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    <dst>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||        <dumps-storage-credentials storage-type="local">
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <root-dir>/var/lib/psa/dumps</root-dir>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||            <ignore-backup-sign>true</ignore-backup-sign>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||    </dst>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||</src-dst-files-specification>
D|MT|core.utils.pmm.pmmcli|||
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Execute command on the local server: /opt/psa/admin/bin/pmmcli --import-file-as-dump
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Command execution results:
D|MT|core.runners.base|||stdout: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||<response>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    <errcode>152</errcode>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    <errmsg>The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file</errmsg>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    <data>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||        <dump name="migra_info_2305161827.xml" fullname="migra_info_2305161827.xml" isFull="true" creation-date="2305161827" description="" size="0" owner-guid="" owner-type="" verification-string="$AES-128-CBC$eFtq4ogQ+C16k09XorzRTg==$1c7Rstn0cuBkaS5d5kg8VkEMYO9RebjWOt0QgevZ4hM=" encryption-type="panel-key" dump-version="18.0.52" dump-original-version="18.0.52" dump-format="panel" content-included="false">
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            <dump-status dump-status="OK" backup-process-status="">
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                <details>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                    <message>migra_info_2305161827.xml: </message>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                </details>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            </dump-status>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            <dump-status dump-status="SIGN-ERROR" backup-process-status="">
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                    <message>migra_info_2305161827.xml: </message>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            <dump-status dump-status="WRONG-FORMAT" backup-process-status="">
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                    <message>migra_info_2305161827.xml:
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 283 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 312 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 340 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 371 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 402 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 431 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 462 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 490 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 519 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 548 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||Line 582 error: Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.
D|MT|core.runners.base|||</message>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            <storages>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||                <storage>local</storage>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||            </storages>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||        </dump>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||    </data>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||</response>
D|MT|core.runners.base|||stderr:
D|MT|core.runners.base|||exit code: 0
W|MT|core.utils.restore_hosting_utils|||Failed to import Plesk configuration dump: backup file is not valid or corrupted.
W|MT|core.utils.restore_hosting_utils|||Migration will try to continue, but there could be issues when restoring hosting settings.
D|MT|core.utils.restore_hosting_utils|||Imported backup id reported by pmmcli is '2305161827'
[/CODE]

I don't see any obviously wrong content but the "deyployer-action" notice. That should not fail the whole backup though. There is no workaround for that at the moment. One recommendation I found here in documentation was to backup the content on the source server and restore it to the target instead of using Migrator. If this workaround is not feasible for you, please contact Plesk Support so that support staff can try to solve this issue for you on your server(s).

I still have the

Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.

issue in the latest Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 Update #5 / Plesk Migrator 2.25.2-1922.

One recommendation I found here in documentation was to backup the content on the source server and restore it to the target instead of using Migrator.

Which table(s) would need to be migrated manually?

Or can I just remove the deployer-action attributes from the plesk.backup files and replay them into the target server? How?

The message sounds serious...
Code:
Failed to import Plesk configuration dump: backup file is not valid or corrupted.
Migration will try to continue, but there could be issues when restoring hosting settings.
...but at the upper level it's only a warning and the mail users seem to be there.

Can it be ignored?

I still have the

Element 'mailuser', attribute 'deployer-action': The attribute 'deployer-action' is not allowed.

issue in the latest Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 Update #5 / Plesk Migrator 2.25.2-1922.

Which table(s) would need to be migrated manually?

Or can I just remove the deployer-action attributes from the plesk.backup files and replay them into the target server? How?

If the backup file is not big (less than 2GB), please perform the following:
1. Download the file via Plesk > Domains > domain.com > Backup & Restore. Click on the green arrow to download the backup file. Make it password-protected; otherwise, all the passwords will be reset.
3. On the new server, create the new subscription if it doesn't exist yet.
3. Upload the .tar archive to the new server via Plesk > Domains > domain.com > Backup & Restore > Upload. Select the file created in step 1, enter the password, and click OK.
4. Restore the subscription data from the backup.

If it is required to download the server-wide backup made via Tools & Settings > Backup Manager, please use the Tools & Settings > Backup Manager paths instead.

Last edited:
I don't see any obviously wrong content but the "deyployer-action" notice. That should not fail the whole backup though. There is no workaround for that at the moment. One recommendation I found here in documentation was to backup the content on the source server and restore it to the target instead of using Migrator. If this workaround is not feasible for you, please contact Plesk Support so that support staff can try to solve this issue for you on your server(s).
I have this problem too. Could you forward this to the devs or should i file a bugreport?

Back