• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk-migrator won't import more than one db for a subscription

Joe Payne

New Pleskian
Plesk 12.5 Windows, Server 2012 R2

I'm desperately trying to import hosting accounts use a .json file built from my WebsitePanel install. But I continue to hit what seem to be hard-coded limits (or flaws) in the CLI migrator tool.

First, there seems to be no way to specify what hosting plan should be used for each customer. Every imported subscription shows as 'Custom' for the hosting plan in Plesk. According to the import file layout, you can specify the plan in the hosting-description file within each subscription. Except it wants a hosting_plan object, which can't be referenced unless you know the GUID of the hosting_plan. Doesn't seem to be a way to identify that anywhere in Plesk.

Next, no matter what hosting plans are defined in the plesk install, each subscription can have no more than 10 websites defined and no more than 1 database. This completely breaks half the hosting accounts being imported, and leaves the plesk database in a damaged state after the migrator tool finishes. The only option is to run the CLI repair --all command to clean it up.

The error I get is:
| | Stderr is
| | Unable to create database: There are no available resources of this typ
e (MS SQL databases) left. Requested: 1; available: 0.

Deleting customers doesn't even delete all the imported objects. I'm left with orphaned smarterstats sites, orphaned smartermail domains, orphaned app pools and websites. Every single time, I have to manually clean up each of these and try the migrator tool again.

So how do you specify the hosting plan with each subscription being imported in the migrator tool?

How to get past the default limit of 10 websites and 1 database?

How do you import database users when you have both a MSSQL and MySQL on the remote sql server?

Hello!

I would like to suggest you this example of hosting description: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/conf/samples/custom/hosting-description-tree.complex.yaml. It contains the most complete example of hosting description features.

You can describe hosting plans in section 'hosting_plans' and assign subscription to this plans using section 'subscription_info/plans' withing each subscriptions. Hosting plan guid should be used for assignment. Also you can specify limits for each subscription using section 'limits' within subscription.

Unfortunately, custom panel migration feature is insufficiently documented at now, but we have working hard to fix it in future Plesk Migrator releases.

Ok so just to be clear...

In the description file, define a plan and give it a GUID. Then reference the plan GUID in the Plans: section of Subscriptions and the import will then respect the plan's number of databases, number of websites etc?

So there's no way to point the subscriptions to existing plans already built in Plesk?

The import works without specifying a plan, presumably because it uses some sort of a 'default custom' plan. Is there no way to alter the limits of that 'custom' plan, or is that hard-coded ?

I've already got the plans built in Plesk. In fact, I only need to reference one of them just to get the data imported - I can always change the plan once the subscription is migrated into the system.

You no need to specify guids of existing hosting plans while generation a hosting description. You just need to assign you subscriptions to existing hosting plans after generation of migration list. It should be like this:

# Admin subscriptions and customers
domain1.com
Plan: Default Domain
domain2.com
Customer: ib # Igor
Plan: Default Simple
example.com
# Existing hosting plans not used by any customer
Plan: Admin Simple
Plan: Unlimited

In this example domain1.com become custom, domain2.com will be assigned to hosting plan 'Default Domain' and example.com will be assigned to hosting plan 'Default Simple'.

I saw that documented in the KB, but I could never get it to work. The documentation I believe specified putting the plan ABOVE the domain name, but you put it below it. Perhaps that's the issue?

Ohhhh. So that would be the tiny little detail I don't think the documentation made real obvious. At least to me anyways :)

I'll give that a shot. Good info, appreciate your help.

Glad I could help. This area is really not well documented at this moment, but we plan to fix it in future. Thank you for feedback!

Back