• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk-PHP73-FPM start fails

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I have installed 3 versions of Plesk-PHP 7.1, 7, 2, 7.3. I updated each one to the latest version with Plesk UI today. Then I had a problem with PHP 7.3.4.

I tried it because it is rare to switch between PHP versions. Then I always get an error when I switch from PHP 7.3.4 to a different version.

There is no problem with switching between 7.1 and 7.2. I have problems when switching from PHP 7.3.4 to 7.1.28, or PHP 7.3.4 to 7.2.17.
I can't start/stop plesk-php73-fpm.
> systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.3.4 FastCGI Process Manager.

Error on Plesk UI:
Code:
phpinimng failed: configuration test '/opt/plesk/php/7.3/sbin/php-fpm --test' failed with code 78, and message: [09-Apr-2019 22:50:01] ALERT: [pool sub2.MYDOMAIN] user has not been defined [09-Apr-2019 22:50:01] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration [09-Apr-2019 22:50:01] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

The pool (additional directive) field in the sub2 domain setting section is blank.

I restarted the server. I also tried to reinstall Plesk-PHP73. I will not improve it.
Please tell me how to solve PHP 7.3.4 problem.

Thanks,

Try this:
Code:
rm /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php-fpm.d/sub2.mydomain.conf
plesk repair web
systemctl restart plesk-php73-fpm.service

Try this:
Code:
rm /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php-fpm.d/sub2.mydomain.conf
plesk repair web
systemctl restart plesk-php73-fpm.service

"/opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php-fpm.d/sub2.mydomain.conf" does not exist. There was custom.conf.
Nothing was corrected with the Repair command.
I can't restart PLESK-PHP73-fpm.

Check all files in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php-fpm.d, you seem to have a pool definition for "sub2.MYDOMAIN" somewhere in there (compare the pool name with the output of the error message). That pool appears to be broken.

Only custom.conf exists in /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php-fpm.d/.
I remember there were domains directory in this before.
I'm concerned about "user has not been defined". Is there a way to redefine this user?

Well, what is in your custom.conf?

"user has not been defined" basically means that you have a pool without any "user" parameter in it. So, a *.conf file in the directory mentioned above that is incomplete. If custom.conf is your only file in that directory then it's most probably that file which causes your issues.

I saw custom.conf for the first time this time. After removing custom.conf, I was able to restart plesk-php73-fpm. I removed custom.conf and updated the pool. Then a new domain directory was created.

The contents of custom.conf is below.
Code:
[sub1.mydomain]
env[NSS_SDB_USE_CACHE] = "YES"

[sub2.mydomain]

[sub3.mydomain]

[mydomain]

And that was exactly your problem. The values between the [ ] brackets define a pool and a pool cannot be without a user definition (among other required definitions).

So whoever created that custom.conf file broke your PHP 7.3 FPM handler.

So to summarize, your problem is now solved?

And that was exactly your problem. The values between the [ ] brackets define a pool and a pool cannot be without a user definition (among other required definitions).

So whoever created that custom.conf file broke your PHP 7.3 FPM handler.

So to summarize, your problem is now solved?
Was PHP updated to generate custom.conf? This mystery remains, but the problem is solved. Thank you very much.

Back