• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk POP3 Server via Cloudflare not reachable

ChrisCP

Basic Pleskian
I have the following problem. I use a domain with various email addresses. Everything works fine. Email client (Outlook) is set up in such a way that messages are queried via pop3 in encrypted form. As I said, everything works fine. Now the domain is passed through Coudflare because the traffic increases. Now Outlook can no longer retrieve the emails because the IP of the domain is handled via Cloudflare and the pop3 mailserver (domain.com) can no longer be reached.
I can send and receive emails via webmail. DNS entries at cloudflare are only the CNAME and A entry proxied via Coudflare.
Is there a solution for this?

This would clearly be a question for the Cloudflare support.
Have you seen this article?

I've already read the article. Webmail and mail as well as mx entries are not proxied via cloudflare. That's why I receive emails and can also send them. But only via webmail. Pop3 incoming mail server in plesk is the domain name. Right!? And that's exactly where the problem is, since the domain and the IP runs over cloudflare.

Have you made sure that the mail-in and mail-out server names that your email software is using, have A-records in Cloudflare? Many users are using names like smtp.<mydomain> or pop3.<mydomain>, imap.<mydomain>, but forget that they need to have either a specific A-record to resolve these names to their destination or to have a wildcard subdomain entry with Cloudflare to resolve the names.

I've already read the article. Webmail and mail as well as mx entries are not proxied via cloudflare. That's why I receive emails and can also send them. But only via webmail. Pop3 incoming mail server in plesk is the domain name. Right!? And that's exactly where the problem is, since the domain and the IP runs over cloudflare.
On the plesk server, dovecot listens on 0.0.0.0:995 etc., which means on all IPs.
Have you tried connecting to webmail. via pop3?
(Plesk letsencrypt requests the webmail. name with the certificate for the main domain, so this should work.)

Back