• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk source for Qmail, PHP ... on a RPM based hosts (source RPMs, patches)

Ales

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Plesk comes with quite a few open source or otherwise free software packages, but it seems that their source RPMs aren't available.

Is there a repository these could be downloaded from? Either source RPMs or specs and patches, any combination would do.

I'm primarily interested in getting the modern Plesk's Qmail source RPM and PHP 7.x source RPM for RHEL/CentOS 7. Any others would be a bonus.

If that's not available, I remember that there was a Plesk Knowledge Base article with Plesk's Qmail patches attached, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Again, I'm looking for Plesk Qmail patches used on a modern Plesk 17.8 system.

Sources would greatly help some of us Plesk admins, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Not to mention that sharing the source rpm's would be in the spirit of the free and open source software.

p.s.
Although I'm primarily interested in src.rpm's, surely other admins would find deb-src useful.

In fact, we do not use build packages with spec and SRPM files. A different, more complex technology is used.
So, we have no SRPM files.

Thanks for your reply Igor, that explains it.

Any chance of publishing a current set of Qmail patches used by Plesk? That would really help.

I went through our archives and I think we have the previously published set (or Scott's?), but they are 10 years or so old, Plesk 8.3 era.

@Ales I asked the developers. Nobody has been doing this for a long time, because no one needed these patches. You are the first in many years. Perhaps the patches will be updated, but I can not promise. There are very few who still use Qmail :)

Yes, I imagine there is less and less of us, as new admins prefer Postfix. Qmail is an old love of mine, back from the days it was vastly better than anything else in existence, and we stuck by it.

Hey, if you ask me, it still is better! :)

That's the main reason I'm asking for the patches. I'd like to work on the internals a bit, perhaps add some functionality - although I can't complain with the way Plesk has been treating Qmail over the years, it works like a clock - and for that we need to be able to rebuild the package.

That's my goal to begin with, just to be able to rebuild exactly what Plesk uses and than add and test a few things. Just to better keep up with the ages.

If we add anything useful, I'll contribute back for everybody to use, that goes without saying.

Back