• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk - Windows 2008 R2 - FTP - Backup Repository

M

MCMNET

I'm having trouble with FTP on a Windows 2008 R2 using "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" - Currently Plesk does not have permissions to use FTP, therefore my FTP Backup Repository is not connecting...

If I select the following with the Firewall settings - Public Profile > Inbound Connections > "Allow" - Then the tab "Personal FTP Repository" within the Backup Manager works. If this is set to the default setting "Block (default)", then Plesk cannot FTP out.

What Firewall settings do I need for my server to be able to FTP out? As currently, no program can create an FTP connection from the server (Filezilla for example) - BUT! - we are able to FTP to the server.

I'm assuming I need to tweak my Inbound Public Profile rules? Port 21 is open - but I'm assuming something else is needed for this all over the top "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security"...

Many Thanks.

Please note: I've tried following these walk throughs with no success...

(http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/309/configuring-ftp-firewall-settings-in-iis-7/#Step3)

To configure Windows Firewall to allow non-secure FTP traffic, use the following steps:

Open a command prompt: click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories, then Command Prompt.
To open port 21 on the firewall, type the following syntax then hit enter:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="FTP (non-SSL)" action=allow protocol=TCP dir=in localport=21

To enable stateful FTP filtering that will dynamically open ports for data connections, type the following syntax then hit enter:

netsh advfirewall set global StatefulFtp enable

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried allowing port 21 in firewall? Also try taking help of good management company who can help you with firewall security rules.

Back