• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Port 3000 is closed and not listening

maczad

New Pleskian
I installed plesk on ubuntu, my project works with port 3000 and other ports which needs to be enabled and also listens, but i am finding it difficult to find out how to really open it and get it to listen. Here is what i have tried:

1. Using sudo ufw allow 3000 directly from ssh
  2. Enabling firewall and allowing on ports on plesk
  3. Using iptables to add ports. ( When i type in iptables list, it shows that the ports i added are there but when i type in the listening ports, my added ports isn’t included)
My ports are currently added but how do i get them to listen or is there something i’m not doing right

You need a service listening on a port before you can connect to it. Assuming you are using Linux you can check this with the ss -lntp | less command.

You need a service listening on a port before you can connect to it. Assuming you are using Linux you can check this with the ss -lntp | less command.
I have an android and ios application that i pointed to listen to mydomain.com:3000 but it keeps failing to connect each time i try to access my app. . When ou say i need a service listening on a port, what kind of service do you mean?

I have an android and ios application that i pointed to listen to mydomain.com:3000 but it keeps failing to connect each time i try to access my app. . When ou say i need a service listening on a port, what kind of service do you mean?
I have my nodejs on port 3000, isn't that a service?

then you have nothing on the server running on it, since it would show it like this:
Code:
# netstat -tulpen | grep :80
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:80            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0          84096210   25418/nginx: worker
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:80         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0          84096209   25418/nginx: worker

is that nodejs app running correctly on the port?
Code:
netstat -tulpen | grep :3000
Code:
public static final String SITE_URL = "https://mydomain.com"; // site main url
 public static final String API_URL = SITE_URL + ":3000/"; // base url for all api
 public static final String APPRTC_URL = "http://IPADDRESS:8080";
 public static final String CHAT_SOCKET_URL = "wss://mydomain.com:8087/";

/**
  * For publish and subscribe
  */
 public static final String SOCKET_IO_URL = SITE_URL + "8082";//Port number

/**
  * Dynamic Link Share URL
  */
 public static final String APP_SHARE_URL = SITE_URL;

This is how my constant.java on android looks like, it is suppose to connect to my ports i've added on my server but it doesn't

If you do not have a service on your server listening on port 3000 then your android app will not connect.

Back