• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Postfix] After migration can´t send mail to some Domains

djimno

New Pleskian
Hi,

after Pleskmigration from an other Server i have the problem, that i can´t send mail to web.de, gmx.net and gmx.de. I find the Mail in the mail queue in the server-wide mail setting. What can i do to resolve the problem?

@Tetzo,

Have a look at this thread: talk.plesk.com/threads/rdns-and-plesk.336397/

I suppose you can find your solution there.

If not, just report back again.

Regards....

Hello trialotto,
I'm understanding that there should be a PTR-Entry - please have a look on my screenshot - that's the actually setting - but it doesnt work.

Normally a proper PTR record can only be set by your upstream provider. It's not something that can be set in Plesk. Many e-mail servers are configured to reject incoming e-mails from any IP address which does not have reverse DNS. Check and see if the PTR record is set for the IP address you are sending from:

http://mxtoolbox.com/ReverseLookup.aspx

If your provider doesn't have a web interface for setting this you will have to call them up and get them to set it for you.

I hope this helps.

Thank you all for your advises - @danami - thats it - i wondered the whole time why my plesk PTR didn't work - but i haven't looked for a web interface PTR-entry - now i found it and it works - thank you all for your help
(but i dont understand the possibility to enter a PTR in Plesk... )

Regards

@Tetzo,

Danami just beat me with his answer, he is (to a large extent) correct and has answered your question, if I am not mistaken.

The PTR record is to associate an IP address to a hostname (in contrast to an A record) and is often handled by the hosting provider.

The PTR record is (in essence) irrelevant for your mail traffic.

However, changing the hostname (for instance, via Plesk panel) often does the trick (and does not result in problems with mail traffic).

In fact, the above is the solution to your problem.

But then there is this "issue" with Plesk, the above should be considered to be a partial solution to your problem.

After all, remote mail servers trying to deliver mail to your server want to "know" your server´s location, i.e. IP address.

A good solution is to add an A record, pointing a domain name (equal to the hostname) to the IP assigned to your server, allowing for remote mail traffic to reach your mail server.

And that is all the explanation needed for the (full) solution in question.

Hope the above clarifies the whole thing!

Regards....

Back