• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

postfix/cleanup Milter service error

BKNNet

New Pleskian
Hello

I have tried installing Parallels Premium Outbound AntiVirus, but uninstalled it again.
The postfix mail server was working before uninstalling.

Now I get the following errors:

Code:
Milter reject: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later;
Jul  9 22:17:02 sl1 postfix/cleanup[9308]: warning: connect to Milter service unix:/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock: No such file or directory

How can i fix that problem?
This means no mail goes in or out of the system.

When viewing Plesk pannel, everything seems alright.

Hope for answer soon.

Best regards
Brian

I cant reproduce it:

# ll /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock
ls: /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock: No such file or directory

# /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start
Starting ctmilter deamon
running ctmilter from /opt/ctch/ct-milter

# ll /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock
srwxr-xr-x 1 postfix postfix 0 Jul 10 14:44 /var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock

Thanks..
i tried to start the ctmilter. But it fails like this:

Starting ctmilter deamon
/etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd: line 79: /opt/ctch/ct-milter/ctmilter: No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock': No such file or directory

Can you advise?

When i look in the folder: /opt/ctch/ct-milter" I only see one file:
ct-milter.args

Is this correct?

Last edited:
I think i had the same issue after trying the outgoing spam filter. If I remember correctly, I killed all the mail services from the panel, checked if there still were any process in console, and then started them up again.

I'm so strong to linux, so do you have a guide to which services to stop and how to look for processes.. which processed to i have to look for?

If I correctly understood you have Debian or Ubuntu server?

What sort of following lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf file:

smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768 unix var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768 unix var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock

OR

smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768

And check file /etc/nsswitch.conf There should be

passwd: files
shadow: files
group: files

instead of

passwd: compat
shadow: compat
group: compat

Yes i run Ubuntu server 10 with Plesk 11

in main.cf it says:

smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768 unix var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768 unix var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock

And just correct the nsswitch from combat to files.

Tried to start the ctmilter again:
root@rs206639:/opt/ctch/ct-milter# /etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd start
Starting ctmilter deamon
/etc/init.d/ctmilter_initd: line 79: /opt/ctch/ct-milter/ctmilter: No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock': No such file or directory
root@rs206639:/opt/ctch/ct-milter#

If I correctly understood you have Debian or Ubuntu server?

What sort of following lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf file:

OR

And check file /etc/nsswitch.conf There should be

passwd: files
shadow: files
group: files

instead of

passwd: compat
shadow: compat
group: compat

My settings is marked with red.
I run "Linux rs206639 2.6.32-48-server #110-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 31 18:47:47 UTC 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

I changed the nsswitch.conf file from compat to files, and tried to start med mtmiter service, but i failed again:

Starting ctmilter deamon

Change it to

restart Postfix and try start ctmilter again.

Lines changed, but the milter service still gets an error:

Starting ctmilter deamon

What is it for a file that should be there?
And what should the content of it be?

/opt/ctch/ct-milter/ctmilter: No such file or directory

It seems that package with Parallels Premium Outbound is not correctly and completely installed. Try to reinstall it or contact Support Team. They will fix it directly on your server.

Hi,
Do you have Magic SPAM or any other AntiSPAM solutions installed along with Parallels Outgoing AntiSPAM?

Yes.. i use SpamAssassin

My hosting company has now fixed the problem.
Outgoing Antispam module was active, so they forced it out.

Now it seems they have broken my proftpd service. Which says no valid servers configured.
So says Plesk 11, when click into "File Sharing Settings", it shows me an error saying "There are no hosted websites. If you want to share files, you need to set up at least one site. You can do it here."
Though i have created 3 customers, 18 domains and subdomains and 3 subscriptions active.

/Brian

Note that ctmilter and Parallels Premium Outbound Antispam has been removed from Marketplace (http://kb.parallels.com/118989)

I suppose that Premium Outbound Antispam got removed (automatically?) during upgrade. (correct assumption?), during the upgrade to Plesk Panel 12.0.18.
However the following lines where left behind in /etc/postfix/main.cf, so I received the error message:

Code:
warning: connect to Milter service unix:/var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock: No such file or directory
4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later; proto=SMTP

Solution (at least for me):
Remove (or comment) the following lines from /etc/postfix/main.cf:
# smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768 unix:/var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock
# non_smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768 unix:/var/spool/postfix/ctmilter/ctmilter.sock

Then restart postfix:
Code:
/etc/init.d/postfix restart

Back