• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Prestashop 8 : very slow and error "504 Gateway Time-out - Nginx"

ZenPlay

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi.

I have Prestashop 8.1.5 installed and working on VPS server with Plesk Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition (Version 18.0.60).

Everything is working fine except :
Changing state of an order is very slow (at least 1 minute) and sometimes this results in a "504 Gateway Time-out - Nginx".
In the Plesk log file, I can see the Nginx error after about 1 minute : "upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream".

Any idea about the problem ? Thank you.

Note : If I install this PrestaShop 8.1.5 locally with the same data (files and database) on my computer with MAMP server, then changing state is OK.

Hi.

I have Prestashop 8.1.5 installed and working on VPS server with Plesk Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition (Version 18.0.60).

Everything is working fine except :
Changing state of an order is very slow (at least 1 minute) and sometimes this results in a "504 Gateway Time-out - Nginx".
In the Plesk log file, I can see the Nginx error after about 1 minute : "upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream".

Any idea about the problem ? Thank you.

Note : If I install this PrestaShop 8.1.5 locally with the same data (files and database) on my computer with MAMP server, then changing state is OK.
Hello,
I've just encountered this issue, not with Prestashop, but with Apache x nginx in general. I'm on Plesk 10.0.60, 8 GB RAM, 2 vCPUs, Ubuntu 20.

I've tried these 2 topics, did not work:

(change PHP "max_execution_time" to 120, then 300, change nginx "proxy_read_timeout", did not work)

I've disabled nginx completely, run Apache only, it was OK. Luckily, my website does not rely on nginx to work.
To disable nginx, just stop the service in Tools & Settings / Service Management.

To investigate further, I've checked Tools & Settings / System Updates / All Packages / search for "nginx", I've found a minor package update:
- On Plesk 18.0.59, this package version is "sw-nginx 1.24.0.3-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.59.2+t240229.1010 (Plesk 18.0.59 packages for focal by Plesk)"
- On Plesk 18.0.60, the package version is "sw-nginx 1.24.0.3-v.ubuntu.20.04+p18.0.60.0+t240313.1332 (Plesk 18.0.60 packages for focal by Plesk)"

I suspect this cause the error "reading response header from upstream" and "SSL handshaking to upstream". But I do not know for sure. Because...
- The website that has problem (18.0.60) has around 2M pageviews, the other (18.0.59) has fewer traffic.

Please check these package from your side, disable nginx temporarily if OK.

Otherwise, I need help also to re-enale nginx.
Thanks.
Alex.

Back