• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Prevent MailEnable from attempting to deliver mail locally

R

Rob Collins

We host websites on Plesk, but not the email for those sites. If a web applicatiob on www.domain.com tries to send an email to [email protected], MailEnable tries to deliver the mail to a local mailbox which doesn't exist. The email delivery fails. An error is logged in the SMTP debug log.

1) Is the failed email cached/queued/stored somewhere? I checked everywhere under the MailEnable program files folder.

2) How can I prevent local delivery for Plesk domains? Can this be set as the default action for ALL Plesk domains? I want MailEnable to send all emails externally. So when a web application from domain.com tries to email [email protected], MailEnable should do a DNS lookup for the MX record of domain.com, and then send the email externally.

Many thanks for any help!

For now, we have disabled MailEnable and set up the IIS Default SMTP Virtual Server, with the mail relay for 127.0.0.1 enabled. This now forwards emails for domain.com appropriately. But it would be better if we could do this in MailEnable!

I simply disabled mail for the web domains in Plesk. Now the web app emails get forwarded correctly.

Still not been able to find the missing emails though - any help would be appreciated!

Back