• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem with Nextcloud upgrade and PHP version

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Server operating system version
Debian 11.7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Mise à jour 1, dernière mise à jour le 8 Sept 2023 06:28
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade Nextcloud using the "sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade" command, and I get this error message when I launch it :

This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 8.0<br/>You are currently running 7.4.33. Please update your PHP version.root@thamms:/var/www/vhosts/madonie.org/subdomains/nu

In Plesk the PHP version configured for this domain is PHP 8.1.23 FPM application served by Apache. Why does Nextcloud updater think that I'm running PHP 7.44.33 ?

Thank you

FYI: running any command with sudo -u www-data will execute that command as the www-data system user. By default thats NOT a system user thats used by Plesk. Using it may cause issues with your Nextcloud installation or even basic Plesk features (such as backups). Instead use run the command with the system user of the domain on which Nextcloud is installed. So for example sudo -u sysuser_b9r5dy /opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/ph occ upgrade. You'll find the system user for a domain at the bottom of the domain card.

FYI: running any command with sudo -u www-data will execute that command as the www-data system user. By default thats NOT a system user thats used by Plesk. Using it may cause issues with your Nextcloud installation or even basic Plesk features (such as backups). Instead use run the command with the system user of the domain on which Nextcloud is installed. So for example sudo -u sysuser_b9r5dy /opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/ph occ upgrade. You'll find the system user for a domain at the bottom of the domain card.
Thank you for the precision. In fact, it's what I've done, since using www-data wasn't working. I didn't know it could cause troubles. My explanation was not accurate.

Back