• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail problem

S

stelman

Greetings

We are running a CentOs 6.0 with Plesk 10 on it. Our machine was probably hacked since the services stopped working and when I finally got a console I found out that a chmod 777 / -R was executed. So I have managed to restore Plesk and mysql functionality. The sites are all working again. However we have got a problem with qmail and I have researched a lot about it. I found replies in these forums about our problem but they are posted back in 2006 in old plesk panel for linux archived forums.

So here goes.

When i sent an email from outside to qmail I get back
SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0

Also in the /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I get the following errors

www /var/qmail/bin/relaylock[1952]: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2863 (mail.server.com)
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: Handlers Filter before-queue for qmail started ...
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: from=mail.domain.com
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: [email protected]
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: hook_dir = '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue'
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: call_handlers: call executable = '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/10-spf-mcBz8C/executable'
www spf filter[1956]: Starting spf filter...
www spf filter[1956]: SPF result: pass
www spf filter[1956]: SPF status: PASS
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: handlers_stderr: PASS
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: call_handlers: PASS during call '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/10-spf-mcBz8C/executable' handler
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: recipient[3] = '[email protected]'
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: handlers dir = '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue/recipient/[email protected]'
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: starter: submitter[1957] with error code 62
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: mailsend: wait for submitter failed
www qmail-queue-handlers[1955]: cannot reinject message to mail system

I have looked a lot about sumbitter error code 62 but I can't pinpoint the problem. Also inside /usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue there is no recipient directory. Should it be or this is just something temporary that's being created upon a mail delivery to an inbox?

If it's not the right section to post this please point me to the right one

Thank You and Best Regards

Thank you for the reply I ve already been through this and I still get the same behaviour. Creating the queue directory from start did not make a difference. I am trying to find the meaning of error 62 but no luck there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back