• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[Question]PHP 5.3 on Plesk 9.5

DKTestL

New Pleskian
Hello there.

I found many Thread's related to the same question i am going to ask but none of them had something helpfull to resolve my issue.
I am using plesk 9.5 and would like to upgrade PHP Version to 5.3 as many CMS and scripts require that version to be upgraded to their latest version.

I tried everything that came in my mind and followed this guide too http://kb.parallels.com/6670 . I managed to upgrade the version and by disabling some extensions like php_mssql to make it work without any issue. The real problem is that i could not make it work with any script or CMS i tried to install. After some investigation i found that there must be a compatibility issue with PHP5.3 and MySQL's passwords that Plesk 9.5 uses.

My question is if anyone actually managed to upgrade his PHP version on Plesk 9.5 to PHP5.3 and made it work without any error.

What exactly do you mean "i found that there must be a compatibility issue with PHP5.3 and MySQL's passwords that Plesk 9.5 uses"?

Hello IgorG and sorry for the delay.

The error code i came up with was the following:
Warning: mysql_connect(): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password').

I have MySQL 5.2 installed and as it seems everytime you create a database user and password through Plesk Control panel passwords are set to use old authentication.
Already removed the "old_passwords = 1" line from my.ini but as it seems issue persists.

Back