• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Random 502 Bad Gateway

Stuzzi

New Pleskian
Hello!

As of yesterday, all of my websites in Plesk version 18.0.31 are showing random 502 Bad Gateway. Sometimes I can load 3 pages before the message appears. Sometimes it shows up right when the page loads and disappears when I refresh the page. I had to take the site offline, but the problem can be seen here Domain Default page

Many thanks for your help!
Greetings Felix

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason is located with Apache, it is not responding to Nginx requests properly. There can my several causes. For example:
- Verify that your server's public IP address is whitelisted in Fail2Ban.
- Look into /var/www/vhosts/<domain name>/logs error log files to find out more why Apache is not responding
- Check your system resources and the status of the service, e.g.
Enough RAM?
# free
Enough disk space?
# df
Is the service up reliably or are there errors shown in the journal excerpt?
# service apache2 status
or
# service httpd status

Thank you very much for your response! Some of the things I actually had already done because of your advice in other threads. It turned out to be a hardware issue.

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You really saved me already a couple of times ;-)

Back