• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Rescued backups are shown as 0 bytes size

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

Just migrated all the backup from another identical Plesk install - because of a broken kernel - and every thing came back right in place working practically right after restore was completed.
The only issue is that those backups - complete + 5 daily incremental - are shown with a 0 size in the backup panel and when tried to run a new incremental backup, the complete base backup was not detected and it attempted to do a new complete backup.

Any idea on how can I make it recognize the size in order to be able to continue daily incremental backups ? Due to space restrictions, only one complete backup fits and we would have to erase all the backups to start over - as we do every week or so - but in this case as it was a rescue, we would like to hang on some more days before erasing and of course, having daily backups on the way.

TIA

Did you check if the dump directory, which is set in /etc/psa/psa.conf is the same as the dump directory on the server?

Code:
# grep dump /etc/psa/psa.conf
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

Code:
# ls -ld /var/lib/psa/dumps/
drwxr-x---. 6 psaadm psaadm 20480 May  19 18:35 /var/lib/psa/dumps/

Hi,

Yes, its the same path.
Actually the server was corrrectly restored from the panel, so my guess is that the path is ok in all those parts where it is requested.

My feeling is that I missed running some kind of db hash activation so the panel can read the size.

Somewhere in the old posts, I read something like "except if its coming from another Plesk install" regarding backups showed 0 bytes size

Any other idea?

Back