• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Restore apache module settings in config files

Henryk

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Background
in the plesk admin pages I activated an apache module for testing.
I was wondering why the web page showed only 2 activated modules at that time (fcgid and sysenv).
After deactivation of the activated module plesk changed many config files and deactivated almost all modules for real.

Of course, Apache could not start anymore because many commands were unknown.
I could manually activate the modules based on the error messages up to a point where Apache starts but hangs without error message.

Now I'm lost...

Questions
How could I restore the default apache module settings mainly at /etc/httpd/conf.modules.d? plesk repair web did not change the files
I have a plesk server backup. Would that fix the apache config files? It does not contain the files itself.
However, the apache module settings must be stored in the database. Could I extract the settings from the sql dump, restore it and force plesk to rewrite the apache config files?

Any help is appreciated.
Henryk

Hi,
Information about Apache modules stored here in PSA database:
SQL:
select * from ServiceNodeEnvironment where section='webservice' and name='apache_modules_list'\G
It is stored as a JSON array, but it is possible to read.

Also, you can try to switch MPM Mode from Event to Prefork. It allows to start Apache service.

And 'plesk repair db' highlights missing modules
Let me know if any further assistance is required.

Back