• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Root [/usr/share/plesk-service.localdomain] does not exist

xdcharlie

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
eb4e2a3b37f5171bb9212b7a720f51b9edddefaf
Hi,
Recently I've run out of storage space on my VPS and have completely wiped the log files folder (to free up storage space), and this has caused so many issues.
None of my web servers work, I've tried reinstalling all of them and running plesk repair on everything, and I don't know what to do.

At the moment, when I try to turn on the nginx service, I get the following error:

Process: 22212 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ '${NGINX_ENABLED}' = 'yes' ] || { echo Not starting nginx as it is disabled in Plesk. Run \'plesk sbin nginxmng -e\' to enable nginx in Plesk.; exit 1; }

So when it tells me to run the plesk sbin nginxmng -e command, I run it, and I get this error.

Unable to retrieve driver for Apache.
exit status 1

I do not know what log folders you've deleted and what you've deleted in general but usually deleting older log files would not cause this the panel to up and die like it did and without full logs of what it's trying to actually do I do not know how to help you. Need to provide logs. You can refer to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...r-Linux-services-logs-and-configuration-files to find where the log files are located on Linux.

In all honestly though, if I was you, if you have server snapshots with your VPS, I would just restore from that. If you don't have snapshots but you've been using Plesk backup manager and the backups is stored somewhere you can access it, I would download the Plesk backed up files and nuke the VPS and redeploy and restore from the Plesk backup. This would be a lot simpler solution then to try to patch together the server.

Back