• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

running plesk in freebsd jail

R

romanxx

Guest
Hi everybody,
I want to run plesk in FreeBSD jail. I have created jail and installed plesk without problems. Everythings has installed ok and plesk administrator pages are running.
But I have problems when aj want to create DNS record, i got following error:

dnsmng() constructor failed: dnsmng failed: dnsmng: /usr/sbin/rndc execution failed: rndc: connect failed: connection refused dnsmng: Error during rndc 'reload'

I think it has to do something with that jail has assingned its public ip address, but plesk wants to run some services on localhost... Jail on FreeBSD can't have its own localhost, it is shared on every jail.

Are anybody running plesk in jail on FreeBSD? Is it possible not to use address 127.0.0.1 in plesk??

thank you for your answers,
roman
 
Back
Top