• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

"Service Unavailable" for websites

N

n_jackson

I just moved a couple of test websites over from my old 7.5.6 server and now they come up with "Service Unavailable." Does anyone know why this is?

Each website is linked to an application pool in IIS. If the pool is offline, you would get service unavailable messages when trying to browse the site. On the server, open IIS manager, right click the website and open properties. Find out the application pool name. Open the application pools section in IIS manager and find the pool in question.

Under the circumstances you mention, even if you start the pool and try to browse the site, it will die out again. This is mostly due to the fact that the APP Pool user does not have permission to access resources on the server. Basically it is a permissions issue with the pool user. You can try changing the application pool from plesk for the website. Usually this fixes the issue. If this does not work, then you may have to verify the permissions and group memberships of the pool user for the site in question.

Renegade

I was able to restart the IIS app pool but it closes within a few minutes.

...and I wasnt able to follow you on the thrid sentence - "On the server, open IIS manager, right click the website and open properties." - in Plesk or my W2003 server?

Back