• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sitebuilder 5 DEMO-Mode?

M

MichaelKa

Hi,

is it possible to have a DEMO-Mode for Customers, like in SB 4.5?
So Customers can create a Website and buy Hosting later...

Greez and Thank you, mike

No. SB 5 is just tool for editing Plesk sites but not a separate product as 4.5 version.

am i able to offer SB 4.5 to my customers on Plesk 10 ?

thanks, mike

Or even a DEMO-Mode for SB 5 ?
So that Customers can try the SiteBuilder.

No. In case of Plesk upgrade old 4.5 sites are available as custom buttons.

Is there s ppossibility to create a demo-user account in SB 5?
So that customers can try the sitebuilder.

greez, mike

SB 5 licensing is performed via Plesk main key (SiteBuilder sites property)
So, if you have 0 SiteBuilder sites in Plesk license - you can't create any SB site.

my SB 5 is working. My Question ist:

is there a possibility to create an DEMO-User Account?
So that my customers can try the tool before they buy hosting.

Once again - there is no any own business logic for SB 5 - it is only site editor of already existing Plesk domains.

Hi Michael,

I believe you are referring to a feature similar to:
- customer can visit your website and try out SiteBuilder
- customer can build a website in SiteBuilder 'trial'
- if they like everything, they can then buy hosting from you and use the same website they built when they were testing everything out (no need to rebuild)

If this is the case, we already have this feature as of Plesk 10.1. :)

Some basic documentation is here:
http://download1.parallels.net/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=66499.htm

We're working on a full guide for this feature, but it is not ready yet.

Hi Blake,

This is it! :)
Its really perfect for clients!

Is there a way, to use this feature with our whmcs-system?
We work with whmcs because of the good joomla-implementation.

Link the "buy now" button with a product in our system. But how will stay the Test-Website for the customer?

Thanks a lot. Plesk rocks so much!

:)

Hi,

so i guess we need to work with the business manager to give our clients the possibility to try&buy.
Otherway they can only try and then they must start new building in SB after buying Hosting.

Do you have any ideas, how to make the try&buy-Service aviable outside the Business Manager?

Maybe this way: Clients register for trying SB an "Testaccount" in Plesk and then can upgerade.
But i cant create a "Test-Subscription-Plan" without Domain... so this wont work...

Even when we work with Business Manager for the SB-Product weve got an install error...
The Autoinstaller say: Everything is installed and up to date... but Plesk say: Business-Manager istn installed... here the error:

--idp-url <string> URL to SSO server, for example, https://host-name:11443. Required with command: attach.
--app-type <string> Application type: admin | customer (Customer & Business Manager Administrator's or Customer's panel).
--prop-name <string> Property to display: connected | enabled | api_url | relay_url | sp_id.
--force Run attach | detach | enable | disable commands regardless the status of connection with SSO.
--help Display this help message.
Unable to activate SSO for admin's interface
Unable to complete post installation operations
error: %post(plesk-billing-7.0.1-20101029.05.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Hi,

so i guess we need to work with the business manager to give our clients the possibility to try&buy.
Otherway they can only try and then they must start new building in SB after buying Hosting.

Do you have any ideas, how to make the try&buy-Service aviable outside the Business Manager?

Maybe this way: Clients register for trying SB an "Testaccount" in Plesk and then can upgerade.
But i cant create a "Test-Subscription-Plan" without Domain... so this wont work...

Even when we work with Business Manager for the SB-Product weve got an install error...
The Autoinstaller say: Everything is installed and up to date... but Plesk say: Business-Manager istn installed... here the error:

--idp-url <string> URL to SSO server, for example, https://host-name:11443. Required with command: attach.
--app-type <string> Application type: admin | customer (Customer & Business Manager Administrator's or Customer's panel).
--prop-name <string> Property to display: connected | enabled | api_url | relay_url | sp_id.
--force Run attach | detach | enable | disable commands regardless the status of connection with SSO.
--help Display this help message.
Unable to activate SSO for admin's interface
Unable to complete post installation operations
error: %post(plesk-billing-7.0.1-20101029.05.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

ERROR: An error occurred during installation of packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

Thanks for any ideas, mike

Forward customers to a separate online store. This is relevant when you want to display a separate list of plans to potential customers who want hosting with SiteBuilder.
If you wish to have a separate store for this scenario, extend the trial mode access URL with a store ID to point to a particular store. The syntax of the new URL is: <existing URL>&storeId=<custom store ID>. To control the plans list view, independently add a widget ID to the URL. The syntax of the new URL is: <existing URL>&widgetId=<custom widget ID>.

Note: The store and widget IDs must exist in Business Manager.

Learn how to create online stores in Administrator’s Guide to Customer and Business Manager, section Managing Online Stores > Adding an Online Store.
Learn how to create and manage website widgets in Administrator’s Guide to Customer and Business Manager, chapter Managing Website Widgets

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...e/plesk-business-manager-administrator-guide/

My own Store?

Hi, Thanks you.
But i don't realy understand this.

Can i use our own Shopsystem with this Methode?

We cant install Business Manager...

Thanks, Greez, mike

Back