• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Smtp encrypted no longer works since the latest Windows update kb5018410 at all customers

Guys just tested on my own comptuer using a customers email account and it worked - using windows 10 and Outlook 2019 and I was getting that exact error before the patch
Only issue is the patch is not available via the main windows update tool yet so difficult for most customers to install but hopefully Microsoft will release it soon

Delighted this is getting fixed - was causing our support a lot of hassle and calls

Getting more customers who are complaining. Great work done by Microsoft! Bunch of idiots over there.

I personally never use Outlook; used it 10+ years ago, when it crashed and everything was malformed and couldn't be restored. Since then Thunderbird and never looked back.

Thunderbird; free and open-source. Great product. Outlook is simply ****.
...but some people do not know better and still buy and use Outlook. And the hosting provider gets the blame for an update by Microsoft (ofcourse). Even had a customer who said; well it's easy to blame Microsoft... Like we are responsible and/or controle Microsoft updates for Windows. Hahaha.

In other words; if Microsoft releases an update for Windows which BSOD your computer (and this happend several times in the past), are we also to blame? Really... The ignorance of people. Sigh.

Anyways, let's hope MS will fix their things as soon as possible and release the fix/update to the public...!

So I am still getting customer phone calls about this issue. Is the update still not rolled automatically?

(couldn't edit my original message anymore)

Apparently my computer also received the update KB5018410 for Windows (installed today, didn't reboot my machine earlier), but Outlook is still working without issues for me. Strange.

I also included my Windows update log (sorry it's in Dutch though).

Attachments

• windows_update_overview_dutch.jpg
    windows_update_overview_dutch.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 7
As a solution for this problem on windows 11 i do one of the following:
1st solution: I removed windows update with code 5018418 or better you have search for update with code 50184XX
this solve the problem but you have disable windows updates

2nd solution: I installed 22h2. After installation i was still had the same problem. I checked again for updates and it's fount an update with code 5018493. After installed this update the problem solved.

The NO_TICKET wasn't work for me

Same problem here, several customers reports the same problem sending mail.

Before finding this post I have checked all servers configuration, and checked if automatic updates were applied to OS or control panel but those are applied manually by customer request. So our guess was that something changed in Microsoft side because some machines can send mail and others don't. The servers are configured to use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 with Let's Encrypt certificates and all the machines with problems are windows 10 with Outlook 2016 or 2019.

Is there something the we can manually change in the server side in order to temporary fix this?

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 21.20.52.png
Outlook reports error 0x800CC1A

Since today people with Windows 11 are also reporting this problem. Before that I only heard about Windows 10.

Reported this issue here in early july. Running W11 Pro x64 22H2, outlook 365 and windows fully up to date (incl outlook preview now switch enabled in top right)

KB5018418, KB5018410, KB5018493 not listed under windows updates. The earlier links provided don't work wince its w11. I found KB5020387 And KB5020435 Fix SSL And TLS Connections For Windows 11 (21H2) And Windows 10 but the standalone update for win 11 KB5020387 doesn't seem to apply to my computer as that update is for 21H2

Looks like i was slightly outdated, wasn't notified yet. Manual check found KB5018496, tried switching to modern again. No effect, still the same SSL error. Supposed KB5018493 is not found

Back