• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

SMTP Inbound Bindings Test FAIL

T

tony_pl

Hello,
I have problem with SMTP service ... yesterday after changing SMTP port adress in regedit from 25 to 587 (*our ISP has been blocked port 25) everythings seems to be good until now. I can send e-mails form ex. Outlook without any warnings/problems and they arrive to reciver but if sombody send someting to me I don't receive anything...

Afeter runnig MailEnable DiagnosticUtility I get report like this...
Could anyone help mi with that? I can't back to old configuration with port 25.
I have beend searching Internet for something similar - no results.
Chris_PL.

SMTP Inbound Bindings Test
The following table outlines which IP Addresses are bound to the SMTP Protocol.
Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
213.186.47.65 No Server Detected Warning - No SMTP Server was detected at this IP Address. Warn
127.0.0.1 No Server Detected Warning - No SMTP Server was detected at this IP Address. Warn

SMTP Outbound Configuration
The following table outlines the configuration of the SMTP Connector's outbound mail processing agent.
Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
SMTP Outbound Delivery Enabled Success Pass
Maximum Send Threads 16 Success Pass
Delay Notifications Result: 0 Notifications will be generated after 5 minutes. Pass
Message Retry Interval (First Attempt) Return: 10 Failed messages will be retried after 10 minutes. Pass
Post Send Message Wait (milliseconds) 10 Success Pass
Outbound Poll Delay (milliseconds) 1000 Success

Maybe switching port not via registry but directly with MailEnable as it is described here, for example, will help?

Thanks a lot!

Thank You for reply and suggestions.
The problem was to check-on checkbox in console (MailEnable.msc) named 'Use alternate port' and select properly outbound server from a list.

Thanks a lot againg.
Greetings, Chris.

Back