• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Plesk still sends the old intermediate SSL certificate

Xavier1234

New Pleskian
Hi,

I updated two days ago my ssl cert to secure plesk server, the cert is SHA256 encoded, and the provided intermediate CA is also SHA256, i triple checked.

However, when i connect to the control panel, using any browser, from any computer, the intermediate CA sent to the browser is still the old one, the SHA1 intermediate CA i was using before.

I dont understand why the cert is the right one, with the correct expiration dates and all, but the intermediate is the old one! I downloaded it from my browser to my desktop, and opened it using a text editor to make sure.

How can i fix this? What is presonsible for this issue?

I am using plesk 12 under ubuntu 12.04, nginx is activated

Nginx may be the cause because everytime i try to enter the Cert again, i get a nginx error by email:

Template_Exception: nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-zVohxY") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/opt/psa/var/certificates/cert-zVohxY','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Xavier1234,

Workaround is run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-server

[root@a10-52-63-182 ~]# nginx -t
nginx: [emerg] BIO_new_file("/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certMGRvdvP") failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/usr/local/psa/var/certificates/certMGRvdvP','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
[root@a10-52-63-182 ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-server
[root@a10-52-63-182 ~]# nginx -t
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
[root@a10-52-63-182 ~]#

Hi, thank you for the answer, appreciated.

This fixed the nginx issue, and regarding the SSL problem, it's a startssl related problem regarding cached versions of old intermediate SHA1 CA, not related to plesk.

Thank you

Back