• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue SSH Terminal (Users Access)

X3Web

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62.2
Hi All,

The Extension SSH Terminal is great but its not limiting my users to chroot, a user with Linux experience is able to move out of their dir into my vhost dir list all my domains, they are able to cat ssh config files move around on the server as they want is there a way to limit this so that they cannot go anywhere except in their vhost dir and whatever is inside there?

Hi!

What option is chosen for "Access to the server over SSH" field? Is it "/bin/bash (chrooted)"?
  • /bin/bash (chrooted) -- /bin/bash will be used to execute commands in chrooted environment. A user will be able to get access to files within its own subscription only. Any applications that are run from within the chroot will be unable to see the rest of the operating system in principle. By default, only basic commands like less, tar, zip are allowed in the chrooted environment. The list can be extended by following this article
(c) https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...ess-to-the-server-over-SSH-parameter-in-Plesk

Hi,

My Service plans, under Hosting Parameters there's a setting SSH access to the server shell under the subscription's system user and that's set to /bin/bash (chrooted)

1725344902173.png

But the users that use the extension are still able to cd to where ever they want.

Could you please provide more detailed steps to reproduce the issue? I have configured a chrooted environment and checked how it looks from the SSH. Terminal extension. With SSH Terminal, I can see only the chrooted environment with a limited set of directories, commands, etc. The root (`/`) is the domain's home directory.

1725355149485.png

Back