• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved startup order of things

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Hi. When the server restarts, I noticed that the nginx did not start. Upon examining, I found that its configuration file contained all the IP's of the system, including 10.10.0.1, which I use for the OpenVPN (it's the IP of the server).. So, if the OpenVPN server is not yet running, nginx doesn't start. Is there a way to order these startups, so that the above IP is defined before nginx tries to bind to it?

The system is a modern AlmaLinux 8.5.

Thanks!

Looks like you have a non-standard setup.
Your question is not really related to Plesk but more to systemd. You can set dependencies in systemd.
You may want to create a systemd drop-in for nginx and make nginx dependant on your openvpn service, example:
systemctl edit nginx.service
Then add (not tested!):
(Your OpenVPN service may have a different name, adjust it to your setup)

If this doesn't work, try this:
[Unit]
After=network-online.target remote-fs.target nss-lookup.target [email protected]

Then do systemctl daemon-reload and try again

More info about systemd: systemd.unit

Back