• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Strange behavior with a sub-subdomain.

Topkat

New Pleskian
Hi,

My website is being attacked with negative SEO. Recently I logged into AddThis.com, and I saw that my AddThis.com code has been run on a sub-subdomain of mine (fakesub.www.example.com).

I emailed AddThis to ask why I am seeing a sub-subdomain in my AddThis dashboard and they wrote: “Pages appear in your AddThis analytics when your unique snippet of JavaScript is detected on a page and that page receives traffic.”

My subdomain (*.example.com) is set to suspended in Plesk. If I visit a subdomain or a sub-subdomain on my website it goes to Plesk’s “Web Server's Default Page” which is expected. So how is someone able to run my AddThis code on a sub-subdomain that doesn’t exist? Any ideas? I suspect this is some kind of duplicate content negative SEO attack they are doing as well as link spam.

It seems like someone is able to turn on and turn off my sub-subdomain at will or maybe they are using some kind of proxy or DNS hack or some other trick? Do I need to add *.*.example.com to my domains in Plesk then set it to suspended to stop this sub-subdomain being used? There is no sign of my website being hacked. I’m really confused why I'm repeatedly seeing this sub-subdomain it in my AddThis analytics.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Back