• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Subdomains is redirectiong

bmalkoc

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.47 Update #5
Hello. I created test.abc.com subdomain. But it is redirecting xyz.com. In hosting settings, Hosting type: website, but it is still redirecting. What could be causing this?

In file manager, it just has Plesk's default index.html, and in DNS settings it has only ns1.test,abc,com, ns2.test.abc.com.
In abc.com DNS settings, it has test.abc.com A record with same IP address.
In redirected domain (xyz.com), there is no related record to abc.com.

This can have one of these reasons:

1) The web server restart interval has not yet expired, the new web server configuration has not yet become active.

2) If your browser had previously redirected test.abc.com, it will remember that redirect in its cache. The redirect is actually done by the browser, not by the server. The browser remembers that it got a 301 code from the server along with the address it ought to open, so it stores that information to its cache. In order to get the site content, clear the browser cache.

3) The website may have an .htaccess redirect statement or a rewrite rule in the .htacces file. It could also have a PHP redirect, an http-equiv meta tag or a JavaScript .location directive.

Hello @Peter Debik Thank your your reply. I am trying for since yesterday.

1. So this is not possible right?
2. I tried in incognito mode and different browsers.
3. In the main directory, there is only plesk default index.html file. There is no .htaccess file. PHP and nginx directives are empty.

Now it is redirecting Plesk login page. And giving SSL error. Could this can be a hint?

Back