• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Subscription backup, cannot stat, permission denied

Nicolas Karlen

New Pleskian
Hello,

This is an error I noticed recently, but I don't know when it started.

Backup packaging stops due to permission:
Code:
Warning: Subscription "###.ch"
Unable to back up files from /mnt/data1/www/###.ch owned by system user. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_user-data_2201252111.tzst    25
Repository error: Unable to pack /mnt/data1/www/###.ch: /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: /mnt/data1/backups/backuptemp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-yT0NdA: Cannot stat: Permission denied
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Warning: Subscription "###.ch"
Unable to back up files from /mnt/data1/www/###.ch owned by Apache. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_apache-files_2201252111.tzst    25
Repository error: Unable to pack /mnt/data1/www/###.ch: /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: /mnt/data1/backups/backuptemp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-4ohFgz: Cannot stat: Permission denied
Warning: Mail "###.ch"
Unable to back up mail messages. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_domainmail_2201252111.tzst    25
Repository error: Unable to pack /var/qmail/mailnames/###.ch: /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: /mnt/data1/backups/backuptemp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-25aT8Y: Cannot stat: Permission denied

Approx. 2-3 years ago I had created a chroot ssh environment for the main user of this subscription.
So I have folders with different permissions and symlinks that I had created following a tutorial.

So I did:
- plesk repair fs <domain>
- and I put these special folders in the folders to be ignored in the backup.
But the problem persists and on the other hand I don't understand the error message. I have a feeling that it's not under the www files that the problem is but not sure. Could the permission problem come from the backuptemp folders (I moved it in an external drive)?

He indicates:
/mnt/data1/backups/backuptemp/pmm-ru-ca-includes-yT0NdA: Cannot stat: Permission denied

Can anyone help me on this error?

Perhaps the problem is in the options for mounting an external drive. I would check how the drive is mounted.

Back