• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved The option "Allow local MYSQL server to accept external connections" is missing

aze123

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46 Web Admin Edition
Hi,

on one of our servers the option "Allow local MYSQL server to accept external connections" is missing from the plesk menu (Tools&Settings->Database Servers). See screenshot attached. (It is present on all other installations). I already ran "plesk repair all -y" but no errors were detected and no change occurred.
Any hints what I can do to get the option back?

Thanks,
Aron

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 13-16-20 Local MySQL server - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 13-16-20 Local MySQL server - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46.png
    63 KB · Views: 11
Looks like you made some changes to the "bind-address" option in MariaDB config files.
The right options in the configuration file /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf should be as following:
Code:
# grep -R 'bind-address' /etc/mysql/*

/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf:bind-address            = 127.0.0.1
/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf:#bind-address           = ::
/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf:#bind-address           = 0.0.0.0
/etc/mysql/my.cnf:bind-address = ::ffff:127.0.0.1

With these options in the server settings, the option will be shown in the interface.

Hello IgorG,

sorry, it seems it is not solved yet.

After restarting mariadb I have the option to select external servers. However, when checking it and clicking on OK, the database server restarts and the page reloads and the option is once again missing and the bind-address in my.cnf is once again *.
Any idea why that would happen?

Thanks,
Aron

Back