• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Two questions: Server-wide Backup & the role of Courier in Plesk?

O

open4biz

Guest
Two quick questions:

1. If I wanted to perform a total backup of my remote server, including MySQL databases, what's the best approach? I'm hoping there's an open-source solution that would make a tarball or zip file for download? I can't spend a ton of money on a solution but I need to know that my efforts are covered!

2. What's the role of Courier in Plesk? I've read about SMTP, LDA, POP and IMAP and it looks to me like Qmail is my SMTP/LDA and Courier handles POP & IMAP? I'm trying to tie DSPAM into my Plesk v8.3.0/Fedora 6 setup and it goes between the MTA and LDA as a 'delivery agent proxy.'
 
Hello

1. If you are talking about how to backup the whole Plesk server on your (remote) computer, you can do it with the following command:
ssh root@IP_OF_PLESK_SERVER '/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup all -' > obtained_backup.file

2. Courier provides the IMAP and POP3 service.
 
Back
Top