• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Unable to access FTP

S

swapnile

Hi,
I am new at Plesk panel.My Plesk CP is on my remote server.I have to host a website on it. I have created a domain on it and also able to set the Web Hosting Settings. My File manager setting is working ,but I am not able to access the FTP which was created in "Web Hosting Settings" and also the additional FTP accounts.
I am using Filezilla to connect to the FTP.
It is giving the message as follows:-
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode
Command: LIST
Response: 425 Can't open data connection.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

If I disable the windows Firewall,it is working. But by enabling the firewall it fails to connect, giving above message.
Also I have added the Firewall rules (added port 21 for FTP) in Plesk control panel Firewall setting.
Please help.

Also I want to know about how to add the domain server setting to view the website on internet address.
Thanks.

On a shared reseller hosting server under Plesk 9.5 I am having the same problem.

Local LAN is Microsoft, and with ISA Server enabled or disabled Filezilla cannot connect to the domain folders after successful user login and password auth by Filezilla. The final part of the error (IP address obfuscated) is -

Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE A
Response: 200 Type set to A
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,187,103).
Command: LIST -a
Response: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
Response: 450 MFF -a: No such file or directory
Error: Could not retrieve directory listing

The strange thing is, this is happening with two new domains added at the weekend on this server. Pre-existing domains are working normally with no changes to LAN or hosting server settings, and none to FileZilla except the login specifics per domain. It would seem therefore that it's not settings or permissions related, but an error in the domain build during the initial domain setup.

I did notice when creating the domains, that Plesk threw a blurt during the domain creation process. The first screen (domain name etc) registered correctly, the second screen (resource limits) did not like the domain getting a 2.5GB disk allocation on an unlimited-disk master-account with allow oversell enabled. It threw some spurious error about being unable to allocate 25,000 TerraByte disk allocation (yeah - go figure that one) and reset the allocation to 1.6GB - I reset it afterwards back to 2.5GB. Everything else in setup worked without problems - email, database and so forth. This "unlimited" account only has about 1GB of disk in use.

I can only assume that something in the Plesk 9.5 build has gone wonky, and caused some register error when it threw that blurt, with the result that Apache cannot find the hosting root list to return the root folders to FileZilla when it runs a DIR command.

I've pinged the hosts on it, but they have no idea about it either, and have had no other reports from other customers.

Does anyone have a clue about this? Is it related to the proFTPD issues in other threads?
The top of the FTP connection log indicates the server is using ProFTPD 1.3.3b Server (ProFTPD).

Back