• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to Change PHP Version

batgranny

New Pleskian
Version: Plesk 17.5.3

I'm trying to add a new account and use php 7.1 fastCGI but I'm unable to do so. I've attempted to set the PHP version in:

Home>Domain>mydomain>PHP settings,
Home>Domain>mydomain>hosting settings
Domains > Manage in Customer Panel > PHP Settings
On the command line: /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription -u mydomain.com -php_handler_id plesk-php71-fastcgi

The Plesk panel shows that the PHP 7 has been selected but a phpinfo page and the vhost file shows the site using PHP 5.3

Capture.PNG Capture12.PNG
I've run /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list and can see that php 7.1 is disabled :

bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.1/etc/php.ini true disabled plesk-php71-fastcgi

but even if I run plesk bin php_handler --enable -id plesk-php71-fastcgi and get the message "The PHP handler with ID "plesk-php71-fastcgi" was successfully enabled." if I list the handlers again I still see plesk-php71-fastcgi as disabled.

I have tried the workarounds here:Cannot change PHP version for a domain in Plesk 17.5: Permission denied but to no avail.

It seems to be the same for every other PHP version so the PHP switcher does not appear to be working at all.

How do I get PHP7 working in Plesk?

This was due to the fact the the SSL cipher settings in Nginx were corrupted, which meant that the Apache conf wasn't being rebuilt.

Back