• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue unable to login into plesk - connection refused

charmainebell

New Pleskian
Hi all, i am currently unable to login into my plesk control panel because it is unreachable. thing is i can't login via ssh as well.

If your server has not crashed your ip address is likely being blocked by Fail2Ban on the server.

Have you tried to use another device that connects through another network (another ip address)? For example you could try to use your cell phone without wifi, so that it connects to the cell network and obtains a different ip address.

hey peter, yes i did try it will cell network on multiple devices it all points to unable to connect or connection refused error messages. i tried to login with port 8443 and 8880 but no luck.

Have you checked with your provider that your server is online? If so, maybe they have a rescue mode so that you can access your server through a rescue system?

server is indeed online and all websites and services are working perfect. its just this the login issue that's bothering me. my provider contabo does have a rescue mode but they are asking me to do it but i don't know how. also as i mentioned i cannot login to ssh as normal root.

Do you have a firewall in front of your server that blocks ports 22 or 8443? Sometimes data centers offer this to only let FTP, web and mail traffic through.

i did disable the firewall on my os (cent os) but after a reboot the settings didn't take effect from rescue mode and im back at square 1.

Can you send me your server's address in a PM please and one domain name that is hosted on the server please?

Back