• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Issue Unable to make database dump / Error: 2002/1130 - Host '::1

User22123

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 Update #1
Dear Plesk Support Team,

I am requesting your assistance in resolving an error that occurs during the creation of a backup in Plesk.

Error Description:​

While performing a database backup, I receive the following error message:

Code:
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Received error packet before completion of TLS handshake. The authenticity of the following error cannot be verified: 1130 - Host '::1' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server" when trying to connect

System Details:​

• Operating System: Debian 12.6
  • Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62 Update #1
  • Database: MariaDB 10.11.8

Steps to Reproduce:​

1. Initiate a database backup via the Plesk interface.
  2. The aforementioned error occurs.
I am seeking your support to identify and resolve this issue. Are there specific settings or configurations in Plesk or MariaDB that need to be adjusted to resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

and
Code:
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

Solution Steps:​

To resolve this issue, we followed the steps below, which successfully fixed the problem:

Retrieve the password for admin@localhost:

Code:
SELECT user, host, password FROM mysql.user WHERE user = 'admin' AND host = 'localhost';

Assuming the returned password hash is *ABC...XYZ, we created the new users as follows:

Create users for 127.0.0.1 and ::1 with the same password as admin@localhost:
Code:
-- Add user for 127.0.0.1
CREATE USER 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED WITH 'mysql_native_password' AS '*ABC...XYZ';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' WITH GRANT OPTION;

-- Add user for ::1
CREATE USER 'admin'@'::1' IDENTIFIED WITH 'mysql_native_password' AS '*ABC...XYZ';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'admin'@'::1' WITH GRANT OPTION;

-- Apply changes
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Note: Replace *ABC...XYZ with the actual password hash retrieved from the first step.

Verify the new users:

SELECT user, host FROM mysql.user WHERE user = 'admin';

Question: We would like to confirm if this approach is correct and if there are any better or recommended alternatives to solve this issue.

Thank you for your support.

Do you have the skip-name-resolve option defined in /etc/my.cnf ? If so the recommended solution would be to comment out that option and restart MariaDB.

Dear Kaspar,

Thank you for your response. I have already tested this, unfortunately without success. I installed the server anew with Debian 12 and Plesk from a ready-made image provided by Hetzner.

The admin user did not have access to 127.0.0.1 and ::1 as described, even though I haven't made many changes to the server, except for the user in Plesk.

Are there any other options or configuration parameters I should check? Thank you for your support.

Best regards

The admin user did not have access to 127.0.0.1 and ::1 as described, even though I haven't made many changes to the server, except for the user in Plesk.
It should not be needed to specifically grand access for the admin user to 127.0.0.1 and ::1. If you are sure the skip-name-resolve option isn't configured but still have this issue I recommend opening a support ticket with out support team for an investigation of the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to Plesk.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: How to get support directly from Plesk?

Back